Recovery for Catastrophic and Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accidents in New York
The heavy weight and large size of a commercial vehicle makes it more deadly when it runs into a much lighter, smaller car. Rarely do occupants of the car walk away from a truck crash unscathed. Usually, the car occupants suffer multiple injuries or are killed in the accident. Pedestrians on New York City’s congested streets are at even greater risk.
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. is a dedicated personal injury and wrongful death law firm in New York that serves the five boroughs and our surrounding communities. Our legal team draws on more than 30 years of experience, skill, knowledge, expertise and our substantial resources to deliver effective, hard-hitting representation to pedestrians and motorists who have been hit by a heavy truck. We conduct a thorough investigation of the accident and hold the negligent driver and trucking corporations accountable.
Our New York City truck accident attorneys know you face many challenges after being injured by a tractor-trailer, delivery van, bus, sanitation truck or other commercial vehicle. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our office, we visit you in your home or the hospital so you can pursue justice. Our goal is take the burden off of you and your family at this difficult time as we pursue the money and benefits you are entitled to for your injuries.
Common Commercial Vehicle Crash Injuries
Our dedicated lawyers present strong evidence as to the nature and extent of your injuries and help you recover money for:
- Back and neck injuries: The enormous impact of a tractor-trailer hitting a car may result in the occupants suffering such serious back and neck injuries as herniated disks, whiplash, fractured vertebrae or spinal cord damage.
- Broken bones: Bone fractures are common in commercial vehicle crashes, especially if the truck causes the hood, rear, roof or side of the car to collapse into the interior space.
- Burns: Fuel leaks and hazardous toxin spills can trigger a fire when a truck crashes, putting the driver, other motorists and people in the area at danger of burns.
- Brain/head injuries: Even with airbags to absorb the blow, occupants often sustain debilitating traumatic brain injuries during a big-rig crash.
- Spinal cord injuries: Vehicular accidents, including those involving 18-wheelers, are a leading cause of spinal cord injuries.
- Psychological injuries: Truck accident victims may experience depression, anxiety, phobias and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Soft tissue injuries: Whiplash and other types of soft tissue injuries often results in severe pain and disability that outlasts many other types of injuries.
- Facial injuries: Injuries to the face can result in disfigurement and scarring that may require substantial surgeries and can lead to a lifetime of emotional and physical problems.
Learn More About How YOU Can Recover Money from a Negligent Trucking Accident
Call Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. at 1-888-575-6410 to schedule your free claims assessment at our Manhattan, Bronx, Deer Park, Jericho or White Plains office. Because we take your case on a contingency fee plan, you do not pay us attorneys’ fees unless we recover money for you.