New York Dog Bite & Animal Attack Attorneys
Being involved in a dog bite incident or dog attack can be a traumatic event resulting in serious injuries or even death. Every 40 seconds, someone in the United States needs medical attention for a dog bite-related injury. Often, a dog attack will result in permanent scarring, nerve and muscle damage and the need for follow-up surgery. The psychological effects of an attack are also a great concern, as many of those who are bitten are small children.
A person attacked by a dog has the right to full compensation for his or her injuries, medical costs, loss of physical ability, loss of earning capacity and more.
Dog bites are a lot more common than one would expect. Attacks take place in the United States at an alarming frequency, injuring and killing unsuspecting victims:
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the U.S. seeks medical attention for a dog bite-related injury
- It is estimated that for every dog bite that is reported, three go unreported
- More than 4.5 million people, or 2% of the U.S. population, are bitten by dogs every year
- Severe injuries occur almost exclusively in children under 10 years of age
- Dog bites are the cause of some 44,000 facial injuries each year
- Dog bites cause an average of 18 deaths a year.
What should you do if a dog attacks you? Learn more about your rights and the steps you should take to protect yourself.