Aggressive Animal Bite Lawyers in New York
Being attacked by a dog can be a traumatic event resulting in serious injuries or even death. Often, a dog attack will result in permanent scarring, nerve and muscle damage, and the need for follow-up surgery. The psychological effects of an attack are also a great concern, as many of those who are bitten are small children.
A person attacked by a dog may have the right to money and benefits for his or her injuries, medical costs, loss of physical ability, loss of earning capacity, and more.
Dog Bite Statistics
Dog bites are a lot more common than one would expect. Attacks take place in the United States at an alarming frequency, injuring and killing unsuspecting victims:
- Every 40 seconds, someone in the U.S. seeks medical attention for a dog bite-related injury
- It is estimated that for every dog bite that is reported, three go unreported
- More than 4.7 million people, or 2% of the U.S. population, are bitten by dogs every year
- Severe injuries occur almost exclusively in children under 10 years of age
- Dog bites are the cause of some 44,000 facial injuries each year
- There were 42 fatalities related to dog bites in 2014 alone in the US.
Contact Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. for Representation and Counsel
What should you do if a dog attacks you? After receiving medical treatment, you should hire a lawyer. You should not be responsible for bearing the financial burden caused by a dog attack that was not your fault. If you or a loved one has been injured by a dog attack, please call us at 1-888-575-6410 or fill out the online contact form for immediate attention to your case.