New York Construction Injury Advocates
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) identified roofing as one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs in America. The BLS reported that 50.6 out of 100,000 roofers died on the job. Multiple other roofing workers sustained severe debilitating injuries due to heat, falls and sharp tools.
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. specializes in personal injury and wrongful death claims for New York residents and workers. We recognize the physical, emotional and financial hardships you face after a construction accident and do all we can to guide you through this difficult time. Our New York City roofing accident attorneys apply our more than 30 years and our full resources to helping you recover the money and benefits to which you are entitled.
We understand how important receiving your rightful money and benefits is while you are out of work because of your injuries. We are known for resolving claims quickly for the maximum possible money. If we need to take your claim to trial, we aggressively move the case forward so you are not delayed in receiving what is rightfully yours.
The roofing environment is conducive to serious and often deadly accidents. Every day you go to work you risk injuries from:
- Fall from the roof’s edge
- Fall from a ladder on the roof
- Fall through skylight or rotted area of roof
- Slip and fall on wet, icy or slick surfaces
- Trip and fall over raised areas and materials on roof
- Burns from hot tar, tiles and metal
- Heat stroke during the summer months
- Exposure to fumes from tar and other toxic substances
- Puncture wounds from nail guns and other tools
- Eye injury from flying debris and nails
- Electrocution from live wires and overhead wires
- Repetitive stress injuries due to repeated awkward movements
The Owners, Contractors and Employers Duty to Protect You
Every roofing danger can be averted through use of appropriate tools and implementation of proper workplace policies and procedures. The owners, contractors, its agents and employers have a duty to protect you, including:
- Equipping you with harness, personal fall arrest system and other fall protection devices
- Installing guardrails around the perimeter of the roof
- Ensuring the roof has an adequate parapet wall compliant with all statutory obligations
- Providing you with other important tools, such as goggles, gloves and respiratory masks
- Covering skylights or deteriorated sections of the roof with stable materials that can support the roofers’ weight
- Contacting Con Edison to de-energize or insulate power lines within the construction zone
- Halting construction during inclement weather, such as snow, ice or rain
- Waiting to resume work until dangerous conditions can be rectified
- Accessing and responding to heat and cold conditions
- Training workers in safety procedures
- Supervising all aspects of the roofing project to ensure safety policies are followed
Recover Money and Benefits for Injuries You Suffered in a Roofing Accident
Call Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. at 1-888-575-6410 to schedule your free, no-risk appointment with our dedicated construction injury lawyers. Our firm maintains offices in Manhattan, Bronx, Jericho, Deer Park or White Plains for you convenience. Our firm does not charge attorneys’ fees unless we recover money or benefits for you under our contingency fee plan.