Protecting the New York City Public from Negligent Construction
Half-completed buildings, partially-renovated buildings and debris-strewn lots waiting for building approval dot the NYC landscape. Along with the benefits of the construction boom, come serious hazards to New Yorkers and tourists visiting our city. A pedestrian is killed or injured at least once per month on average while walking by or standing under New York City construction sites and the dangers continue to grow worse.
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. focuses only on injury and death claims in New York City and our surrounding communities. By exclusively concentrating in this one area of law, our attorneys put more than three decades of experience, respected expertise and vast resources to work for you. We conduct a thorough, hard-hitting investigation of the accident to determine what legal violations caused your injuries. Our NYC pedestrian construction accidents lawyers then demand the contractors and owners and their agents pay you the money you are entitled to for your injuries or your loved one’s death.
Construction Dangers to the Public
You are right to feel nervous about walking, standing or sitting under construction zones. Negligent contractors and their owners and their agents can create a frightening situation right above you. Many of these stakeholders are in a hurry to finish projects because delays cost money. New York City residents, construction workers and visitors pay for their greater profits with injuries caused by:
- Crumbling facades, concrete and bricks not adequately secured to the exterior wall
- Dropped air conditioning units and other heavy items being moved into the building
- Falling tools and materials dropped by construction workers
- Inadequate scaffolding and nets to catch falling items
- Collapsing unfinished walls and scaffolding
- Toppling crane that crashes into an adjacent building or to the street below
- Explosion triggered during construction work or because of faulty gas pipe
- Electrical arc due to equipment or workers hitting a live wire
- Fire that spreads to abutting buildings
- Unsecured plywood and other materials that blows from the site in heavy winds
- Sharp objects, such as saw blades that come loose from machinery
- Inadequate supervision of workers at the construction site
Construction Pedestrian Injuries
Workers are not the only people at risk of injuries because of lax construction standards. The poor construction policies and inadequate safety measures threaten all of us. Serious violations in Occupational Safety & Health Administration regulations, NYC building codes and NY Labor Department rules can result in a serious accident to innocent bystanders.
Common construction injuries suffered by the general public include:
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Explosion blast injuries
Get the Money and Benefits You Deserve After a Construction Site Accident
Call Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. at 1-888-575-6410 for your free construction-related pedestrian injury claims consultation. Our offices are located in Manhattan, Bronx, Jericho, Deer Park or White Plains. We take all injury and death cases on a contingency fee plan, so you do not pay us unless we recover money for you.