Expert Counsel on Construction Accident Recovery
Powered industrial trucks, or forklifts, make large construction, demolition, shipping and warehouse projects possible. According to the Industrial Truck Association (ITA), 855,900 forklifts are in use in the United States. Every year, almost 100,000 forklift accidents result in 85 fatalities and 34,900 serious injuries. Considering these statistics, the chances are high that you or someone you know will be in a forklift accident if you work in the construction, retail, transportation or manufacturing industries.
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. has been helping New York workers recover money and benefits for more than 30 years. Our legal team investigates the cause of your accident and consults with the highly regarded construction and medical experts to protect your rights, hold the wrongdoers accountable and get you the money and benefits you deserve.
Your forklift accident may have put you out of work for days or months and you may never be able to return to your former work level. You should not bear the costs of another’s mistakes. Our goal is to get you the money you deserve and to do so as quickly as possible.
A forklift is an innately dangerous type of machinery because of its heavy weight, complex controls and sharp edges. Safely operating this complicated machinery takes skill, concentration and experience. For this reason, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and New York laws require certification for all forklift operators.
Yet, even though you put yours and your coworkers’ safety first, you may still be injured because of the negligence of another person or a corporation. Your employer, the contractor, the manufacturer and the owner of the machinery and property put you at risk of injuries resulting from:
- Operator drives forklift off a too narrow or otherwise poorly designed loading dock
- Lift falls between the loading dock and the unsecured trailer
- Forklift tips while working on uneven surface
- Operator gets fingers, hands or feet of himself or others caught in gears
- Operator strikes head on overhead object
- Operator crushes hands or feet between forklift and wall
- Worker on the ground is struck by a lift truck
- Forklift failure or operator negligence causes the load to fall onto a worker
- Worker falls from an elevated pallet or tine
- Workers receive inadequate training in operating the forklift and safety
- Supervisors fail to properly oversee the construction project
- Forklift owner has not kept the equipment in good repair
- Owner and employer have not complied with OSHA and New York regulatory standards
- Manufacturer designed or produced a defective forklift
A New York City forklift accident lawyer at our firm will pursue and hold accountable multiple parties to recover money for you.
Recover Money and Benefits After a Forklift Accident
Schwartzapfel Lawyers P.C. offers a free, no-risk consultation to discuss your injuries or your loved one’s death resulting from a forklift accident. Call our Manhattan, Bronx, Jericho, Deer Park or White Plains office at 1-888-575-6410 to schedule your appointment today. We take your claim on a contingency fee arrangement, meaning you do not pay us unless we recover money or benefits for you.