Car accidents happen everywhere in New York City, including Queens. That’s why if you or a loved one are ever involved in a Queens car accident, you need to know what to do and who to contact in order to protect yourself legally and recover compensation for your medical damages.
Schwartzapfel Lawyers has decades of experience in this area and other injury lawsuit types. We’re well-equipped and ready to assist with your Queens car accident lawsuit, as evidenced by this testimonial video. Like we helped this client, we can help you, so call us today and speak with one of our elite car accident attorneys by dialing 1-800-966-4999!
Car Accidents in Queens
Car accidents are far from a rarity in Queens and the Big Apple in general. For example, official New York City Police Department statistics indicate that February 2022 alone saw over 7,000 motor vehicle collisions. Many of these incurred in and around Queens’ roadways and intersections.
The New York State Department of Health has also gathered statistics about the frequency of Queens car accidents. According to these reports, motor vehicle traffic injuries are serious issues in Queens County. Every week, approximately 150 people are treated in an emergency department visit. 2014 saw nearly 8,000 emergency department visits in total.
Queens car accidents can occur even to experienced, safe drivers. In Queens, as in other places, car accidents can be caused due to:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Driving in rainy or snowy weather
- Dangerous obstacles blocking the road
- And more
In many cases, car accidents are truly accidental in nature. Often they are caused due to the negligence of another party, such as an at-fault driver, a construction crew, or someone else. In these instances, you may be able to sue the party responsible and recover damages.
The Aftermath of a Queens Car Accident
The first few minutes after a car accident in Queens are vital. If you or a loved one are ever involved in such an accident, you should:
- Get yourself to safety, including moving your car out of the road if it is still operable.
- Exchange contact information with anyone else involved.
- Call emergency services by dialing 911. Police and/or emergency medical personnel should visit the scene to make sure that everyone is safe and healthy.
- Visit a hospital or clinic to get yourself checked out.
- Take pictures of the car accident and damage, which could help an upcoming lawsuit or protect yourself from being sued by another party.
- Only after performing all of the above steps should you contact experienced legal professionals like Schwartzapfel Lawyers.
Your legal team can advise you on your next moves, tell you whether a lawsuit is a good idea, and help you determine whether another party could be found at fault for your injuries.
Do not talk to your insurance company. Your insurance company, even though it may seem to be on your side, very rarely is. Insurance agents may attempt to get you to admit that you were at fault for the accident and thus avoid paying you what you deserve. They may also try to avoid giving you an insurance payout even if you are a legitimate victim.
Your car accident lawyer can speak to your insurance company and make sure you aren’t taken advantage of. That’s why you should call them first before speaking to your insurance provider.
To learn more, dial 1-800-966-4999 and allow Schwartzapfel Lawyers the honor and privilege of fighting for you!
Our Client’s Experience
As knowledgeable car accident attorneys serving New Yorkers like you, Schwartzapfel Lawyers has helped many clients recover settlements for their auto accident injuries over the years. Several of our clients have provided testimonials about our efforts and the outcomes of their cases.
For example, this testimonial video shares the story of a client who was injured in a car accident after buying a new car three weeks prior. Our client had difficulty finding a law firm that would fight for her throughout the lawsuit process.
However, she came to Schwartzapfel Lawyers and explained the situation. Once we were brought up to speed, we answered her questions and were professional throughout her experience as we formulated a plan.
How Schwartzapfel Lawyers Aided Our Client
Once our client hired Schwartzapfel Lawyers, we got to work gathering evidence, negotiating with the at-fault driver for the accident, and securing a settlement. The settlement was able to help our client cover the cost of medical bills and damages that occurred to her brand-new vehicle.
Our client’s experience is not rare. Over the years, we’ve helped drivers like her and you recover millions of dollars in settlements from car accidents. These settlements have included:
- $1.25 million for a client who suffered a neck injury because of a car crash
- $1 million for another client who was injured in a car accident
- $1.5 million for the family of a pedestrian killed in a car accident
- And more!
These are the same results you could experience if you hire Schwartzapfel Lawyers today by calling us at 1-800-966-4999.
The Importance of Hiring a Queens Car Accident Attorney
Hiring a Queens car accident attorney is a good idea because these legal professionals can significantly increase your chances of recovering damages.
No matter the details of your case, a car accident lawsuit is never a guaranteed successful action. When you sue an at-fault driver, they may hire their own legal professionals to defend themselves or accuse you of being the true culprit of the accident.
Queens car accident attorneys such as Schwartzapfel Lawyers are beneficial to your case because:
- They can collect evidence on your behalf. This can include police reports, which often document the details at the scene of the accident, eyewitness accounts, traffic camera footage, and more. Since your legal team collects the evidence, you can spend your time and energy recovering from your Queens car accident.
- They can present evidence compellingly to court. Legal professionals know what to say, how to say it, and how to prove that you were not at fault for a car accident.
- They can negotiate with your insurance company or the defendant’s legal team. This added stress can be taken off your shoulders so you can focus on what matters most: recovering and taking care of your family.
- They can protect you if someone tries to claim you were responsible for a Queens auto accident. If someone tries to sue you, you need a legal team capable of fighting back and proving that you weren’t at fault.
Above all else, attorneys like Schwartzapfel Lawyers fight for you no matter what. When you hire us for your Queens car accident lawsuit, you hire a dedicated legal team that won’t rest until you see the damages you deserve and need to recover financially.
Can You Sue At-Fault Drivers?
Sometimes. However, New York is a no-fault state by default. That means the majority of car accident victims can sue each other, no matter how “at fault” one or another driver may be. This is intended to lower the cost of insurance for all drivers.
That said, you can sometimes sue at-fault drivers or other parties responsible for your Queens car accident. If your injuries are debilitating or severe, you could qualify for a car accident lawsuit. The same is true if your other damages, such as damage to your car, vastly exceed insurance coverage maximums.
It can be tough to know whether you can sue the driver responsible for your Queens car accident. Schwartzapfel Lawyers can offer you insight into your situation and the potential for a successful lawsuit when you contact us at 1-800-966-4999.
Contact Queens Legal Professionals
When you need legal professionals who get results, you need Schwartzapfel Lawyers. As experienced Queens car accident attorneys, we’ve helped individuals just like you recover serious damages and regain their financial stability. Whether you or a loved one has suffered injuries or property damage, we can help.
We fight for each of our clients, as evidenced by our testimonials page. When you give us a call at 1-800-966-4999 or visit us online, we start with a free case evaluation that breaks down the details of your case and explores all viable legal options. Don’t wait — protect yourself from a lawsuit and get the damages you deserve with Schwartzapfel Lawyers!