If you or someone you love has suffered a work-related brain injury, you may be feeling depressed and confused, lost, or overwhelmed. Unable to do what you did before, you can no longer work and don’t know when or if you’ll be able to return to your normal routines. To make matters worse, the pile of bills on your countertop keeps getting bigger. Doctor visits, physical therapy sessions, medical prescriptions, house and yard services — you may be asking yourself, “Where does it end?”
Answer: At Schwartzapfel Lawyers, where we will fight to get you the money and benefits you are entitled to — by law — so that you may focus on what’s important: getting better.
So, please, if you or someone you love has sustained a work-related brain injury while working in NYC, don’t gamble with your future. Protect yourself and your family by calling 1-800-966-4999 and speaking with an experienced Schwartzapfel Lawyers personal injury attorney today. Alternatively, if you prefer texting to speaking over the phone, you can send a message to 1-917-909-5900 and a member of our staff will be in touch with you shortly.
For more on work-related brain injuries, NYC personal injury and workers’ compensation law, and practical steps you can take to safeguard yourself and your family, please continue reading.
WHAT IS A WORK-RELATED BRAIN INJURY?
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention defines traumatic brain injury as “a disruption in the normal function of the brain that can be caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, or penetrating head injury.” Common causes of TBI in the workplace include but are not limited to: falls from any height, falling objects (e.g. tools, debris, other workers), and motor vehicle crashes.
According to top experts, approximately 150 people die from brain-related injuries in the U.S. every day. That’s roughly 55,000 deaths per year. A staggering number, but still less than the millions of ER visits that occur each year as a result of work-related brain injuries.
To learn more on TBI and how it can affect you physically, mentally, and emotionally, speak with an experienced personal injury attorney today. Call 1-800-966-4999.
It won’t cost you a thing and may save you tomorrow.
Common causes of work-related brain injuries
In NYC — the skyscraper capital of the world — work-related brain injuries can be caused by a number of factors, ranging from unsafe working conditions to basic human error. Examples include but are not limited to:
(1) Falls from any height — Whether 100 feet above, 100 feet below, or at ground level, brain injuries can and do occur from all heights. So much so that in a given year falls will typically account for nearly half of all TBI-related hospitalizations.
(2) Impact objects — You’re near a construction site or on the job when a falling object comes crashing down, injuring your head. If this happens, please know: You are protected by the law!
(3) Slip, trip, and fall accidents — These often occur on sidewalks or steps that are broken, cracked, raised, or slippery due to a failure to maintain, repair, and/or clear snow, ice, garbage, or debris in a timely manner.
(4) Motor vehicle crashes — According to the CDC, car accidents are responsible for nearly a quarter of all TBI-related hospitalizations in the U.S. They occur at both high and low speeds, on highways and in parking lots, and can be a byproduct of defective parts (such as brakes), unsafe driving conditions, human error, and more.
(5) Inadequate safety equipment and/or protective devices — Under Labor Law § 240(1), New York workers are entitled to “devices which shall be so constructed, placed, and operated as to give proper protection to a person so employed or directed.” Sadly, when violations occur, workers are exposed to worksite dangers that can result in accidents, injury, and even death.
Of note: If you or someone you love has been injured on the job, you have the right to seek benefits under New York’s workers’ compensation law. But don’t delay, as your window to recoup financial losses may soon close.
To learn more about workers’ compensation benefits, work-related brain injuries, and how to protect you and your family’s financial future, call 1-800-966-4999 for a free consultation with one of our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys today.
Symptoms of a work-related brain injury
While there is no set list of the physical and emotional pains an injured worker may suffer, symptoms can include:
Loss of vision
Change in speech
Additionally, in even the mildest of cases, suffering may occur mentally as well as physically, with conditions ranging from:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Alteration in mental states (e.g. mood swings, disorientation, sudden outbursts)
- Acute stress disorder (ASD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Substance abuse disorder (SAD)
Work-related brain injuries are a serious matter that require serious attention. If injured, it is of the highest priority to receive proper medical care so that you may focus on personal recovery. An experienced personal injury attorney can ensure that this is made possible.
Financial losses caused by work-related brain injuries in NYC
Unfortunately, losses commonly do not stop with the physical and mental tolls brought forth by workplace accidents, as economic losses often coincide in the forms of:
- Loss of wages
- Loss of pension, annuity, and other retirement benefits
- Loss of health and social security benefits
- Medical/rehabilitative costs
- Medical aide/housework costs
Please, protect your health and your financial future before it’s too late. Be proactive, act now.
Call Schwartzapfel Lawyers and allow us the honor and privilege of fighting for you!
Getting you the compensation you deserve
After suffering a work-related brain injury, you deserve every cent and every benefit owed to you by law. But remember, for this to happen, you must file your claim on time. Otherwise, you risk losing your benefits forever. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help you with this.
Also, please be aware that waiting to speak to a lawyer is good for your employer and bad for you. So, please, don’t gamble with your family’s future. Allow Schwartzapfel Lawyers the privilege of handling your case. It may be the best decision you will ever make.
The clock is ticking. Secure your financial future today by calling 1-800-966-4999 or texting 1-917-909-5900 to speak with a Schwartzapfel Lawyers workers’ comp attorney at no charge.
Finding the personal injury attorney that’s right for YOU
However unique your case, you will want someone with the will and know-how to fight for you — and win!
For more than thirty-five years, Schwartzapfel Lawyers has successfully helped thousands of clients get the money and benefits they are entitled to. We are proud of our hundreds of 5-star Google Reviews and 99% client satisfaction record. Moreover, we have every incentive to get you the largest settlement or verdict possible as quickly as possible. Why? Because if we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing.
So, if you or someone you love has suffered a work-related brain injury, take action now and contact Schwartzapfel Lawyers for your free consultation.
To learn more about your rights and how to protect them, please visit our website, call 1-800-966-4999, or text 1-917-909-5900 today.
So if you or a loved one has been injured in a scaffolding-related accident in NYC, take action today and call us now at 1-800-966-4999.
Life-changing accidents. Life-saving results.