If you or a member of your family has been affected by injury or loss due to a motorcycle accident, it is imperative that you contact our team of New York-based personal injury lawyers today. Call us at 1-888-575-6410 or fill out our online contact form for a free case evaluation. We will fight for you!
Each year approximately 2,000 motorcyclists are killed and another 50,000 are injured as a result of traffic collisions. Alarmingly, these often devastating incidents are commonly not the fault of the motorcyclist.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS: THE MOTORCYCLIST ISN’T ALWAYS TO BLAME
- Three-quarters of motorcycle accidents involve a collision with another vehicle (most often a passenger automobile);
- Roadway defects are responsible for 2 percent of motorcycle accidents;
- The majority of accidents are caused by the failure of other motorists to see motorcycles in traffic;
- Intersections are the most common place for a motorcycle accident;
- Weather is a factor in 2 percent of motorcycle accidents;
- Over 60 percent of motorcycle accidents result in fuel system leaks and spills, causing a fire hazard;
- The average speed of a motorcycle accident is less than 30 mph.
LEGAL ADVICE FOR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS
Due to the lack of structural protection, a motorcycle accident of any magnitude is extremely dangerous. There are many specialized laws that deal with motorcycle accidents, and if you have been affected, it is important you seek professional guidance from a qualified attorney.
- New York Motorcycle Associations;
- New York Motorcycle Regulations;
- New York State Motorcycle Accident Statistics 2007.