- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- General Liability
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C.
- B.A., summa cum laude, State University of New York at Stony Brook (1984)
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law (1987)
Awards, Achievements and Recognition
- Obtained one of the only seven figure verdicts from a jury in New York State involving a bedsore that developed in a nursing home
Elliot SinelOf Counsel
Mr. Sinel is the senior trial attorney handling nursing home, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and general liability cases. He is recognized as an exceptional trial lawyer in New York with nearly thirty years of trial experience. Mr. Sinel has conducted in excess of seventy-five jury trials during his career.
As one of the leading trial attorneys in nursing home abuse and neglect cases, Mr. Sinel obtained one of the only seven-figure verdicts from a jury in New York State involving a bedsore that developed in a nursing home. He has obtained tens of millions of dollars for clients in settlements and jury verdicts in cases against hospitals, nursing homes, and medical doctors.
Mr. Sinel has had a two million dollar jury verdict vs the City of New York as well as numerous settlements in excess of a million dollars. He recently recovered three million dollars for a non-union laborer who was injured on a construction site. His reputation is that of a tough litigator who will take difficult cases to trial if necessary. Mr. Sinel is well known throughout all of the trial courts in New York.
Mr. Sinel has been a member in good standing with numerous professional organizations including the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Sinel is a member of the bar and licensed to practice in New York State and the State of Florida. Mr. Sinel is admitted to the United States District Courts in the Eastern and Southern District of New York, as well as the Southern District of Florida. He is also a member in good standing and permitted to appear before the United States Supreme Court in Washington, D.C. and the Supreme Court of the State of Florida.
Mr. Sinel attended the State University of New York at Stony Brook and graduated summa cum laude in 1984. He also received his Juris Doctor degree from Hofstra University School of Law in 1987.